Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Now what

Representatives from Islamic Republic of Iran, the US and Iraq have finished their third round of meetings in Bghdad yesterday, but the question is, now what?

They called it, "experts' committee on the security issues". By now, we know 'security' is about both the Iraqi people and the US soldiers' on the ground. Nevertheless, Iran will argue that its security is depended on the Iraq's security or I would say Iraq's insecurity, whichever they want to choose. But I would like to broaden the term and call it, experts' committee on the security and interests issues. Then, I can ask this question, who's interests?

After the meeting, when I heard the Iranian delegate talked about Iran's interests, I like to know who's interests he was referring to. Were they interests of Iran, Islamic Republic, politicians, ordinary Iranian people or a combination of some or all of these? I ask this question because as an Iranian, my only concern and interests are Iran and its people.

But today, when I see the violation of the basic human, civil and political rights of people on a daily bases in Iran, I have to ask the delegate, which interest were you referring to, Sir?!

No comments:

Post a Comment