Friday, August 10, 2007

Nothing New

"Iran is ready for direct talk with the US, but with no precondition," said Hashemi Rafsanjani yesterday in Iran.

Mr. Rafsanjani is the chairman of the powerful Expediency Council of Iran. He was talking at the Friday's prayer in Tehran. There was nothing new in his offer, since it has been echoed out of Tehran for the last two years.

Nevertheless, if I were in Tehran or in the White House, I would have asked myself this question, what will I lose if only once I just sit for a while and talk to the opposite side? In the Tehran's position, I could have stopped the Natanz facilities for a day or so to do some maintenance work. And in the White House's position, I could simply see this, a matter of days maintenance work at the Natanz facilities does not really help me.

So, for me, the best path is just to sit and talk. It all would be a matter of hours and if I do not hear a new and good things, then, my only lose is these hours. I would be in the same position as I was before! Is not it?!

Just a thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment